1.1 The distinctive and diverse landscape is preserved to maintain the beauty of the area:
- The landscape is retained and continues to underpin the character of the Sunshine Coast
- The urban form is contained within the defined urban footprint
- The natural landscape remains intact, undiminished and protected from development that is incompatible with its values
- Prominent natural landscape features are protected and celebrated
1.2 The landscape, character and heritage values retain the unique identity of the area:
- The natural, cultural, spiritual and heritage values of the landscape are recognised and preserved
- The Sunshine Coast’s character, heritage and identity are strengthened to remain distinctive
- The local character and identity of neighbourhoods, towns and rural communities are recognised and reflected in our future
- Connections of Aboriginal Traditional Owners to the landscape and their role as traditional custodians are recognised and respected.
1.3 The visual amenity and community view lines are preserved and enhanced:
- The renowned and varied views and vistas fundamental to the attractiveness of the region are preserved
- Local community views creating a sense of community identity and place are recognised and respected
- The Regional Inter-urban Break and Sub-regional Inter-urban Breaks are maintained and enhanced
- Emerging urban form complements the landscape and character of the Sunshine Coast.