In this section
Technology and innovation is a dynamic driver of change. It happens at a rapid pace, and can lead to positive change for our region.
There is a proliferation of data available to us about how we live within, and impact on our environment. The insights from this data can better inform our planning and decision making and assist to measure the success of our actions.
The maturation of technologies such as 3D visualisation and augmented reality offers new approaches to the design process and improvements to how we communicate to our community about changes. The application of Artificial Intelligence is also quickly gaining momentum and presents exciting opportunities for understanding our environment and how me might manage it more effectively.
Creative thinkers with innovative solutions are central to our future.
Through the combined efforts of the community, academia, industry and council, we'll:
- Discover new ways of managing growth, while retaining our Sunshine Coast way of life
- Adopt sustainable building practices
- Find new solutions to help our region adjust to a changing climate
- Continue to protect and enhance our natural environment.
The use of technology and innovative solutions, generally means we can do more with less.
The benefits of technology are endless, and together we’ll make improvements to the way we:
- Consume energy
- Create goods
- Create connected communities
- Deliver services.
Council has already made significant change. We’re using technology to:
- Reduce the use of fossil fuels
- Increase our use of renewable energy - read about our Sunshine Coast Solar Farm
- Increase connectivity – read about the Sunshine Coast Airport and our high-speed international broadband submarine cable
- Design and construct sustainable infrastructure
- Automated processes with increasing reliance of artificial intelligence to process and interpret large amounts of data
- Regenerate plants and species.
Through the Environment and Liveability Strategy, we're embracing technological change. We're looking for better ways of doing things. Ways that protect the environment, use less energy, and make our region even better.