Our region is undergoing unprecedented change.
As our population increases, our economy grows and we face the challenges of a changing climate, business as usual approaches to how we live, work and solve issues may no longer serve.
The rapid emergence of new technologies offers new opportunities to transition our Sunshine Coast community to a more sustainable, resilient and low carbon way of living.
To do this, we plan to:
- support community sustainability ideas
- continue to measure our progress as a sustainable community
- develop a low carbon community plan in partnership with industry and our community
- create opportunities for community investment in renewable energy projects
- engage and sharing knowledge and supporting community led activities, events and pilot projects.