Technology and innovation is a dynamic driver of change. It happens at a rapid pace, and can lead to positive change for our region.
Creative thinkers with innovative solutions are central to our future.
Through the combined efforts of the community, academia, industry and council, we'll:
- discover new ways of managing growth, while retaining our Sunshine Coast way of life
- adopt sustainable building practices
- find new solutions to help our region adjust to a changing climate
- continue to protect and enhance our natural environment.
The use of technology and innovative solutions, generally means we can do more with less.
The benefits of technology are endless, and together we’ll make improvements to the way we:
- consume energy
- create goods
- create connected communities
- deliver services.
Council has already made significant change. We’re using technology to:
- reduce the use of fossil fuels
- increase our use of renewable energy - read about our Sunshine Coast Solar Farm
- increase connectivity – read about the Sunshine Coast Airport and our high-speed international broadband submarine cable
- design and construct sustainable buildings
- reduce waste
- regenerate plants and species.
Through the Environment and Liveability Strategy, we're embracing technology and innovation. We're looking for better ways of doing things. Ways that protect the environment, use less energy, and make our region even better.
- Population growth The Sunshine Coast is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia. View more
- A growing economy By 2033, our economy is forecast to double and by 2041, we expect the creation of 100,000 new jobs. View more
- Climate change We’re addressing climate change in a progressive and responsive way. View more