- Landscape and character
- Waterways and wetlands
- Open space
- Flooding and stormwater
- Neighbourhoods and housing
- Social infrastructure
- Sustainable design
- Energy and resources
- Sustainable living
- Adaptation and resilience
Facilities that support the community are our social infrastructure.
It's our social infrastructure that brings people together. It creates a sense of place and supports us to grow and thrive.
Social infrastructure includes:
- community facilities – hall, libraries and cultural spaces
- sport and recreation facilities – pools and indoor sports centres
- facilities to support health and safety – lifeguards, cemeteries and public amenities.
These places enable us to:
- meet friends and family
- attend an event or function
- take part in recreation activities
- engage in creativity and the arts
- access information, services and programs.
Our growing region calls for new facilities. To meet this demand, we must look to smart technologies and partnerships to deliver a high-performance social infrastructure network.
We set the strategic direction for social infrastructure. We provide facilities for community use and sport and recreation. We also work with the Queensland Government to ensure state emergency services.
Redevelopment of the Caloundra Events CentreA multi-million dollar redevelopment to support the growing community.
Coastal Pathway upgrade in CaloundraPathway upgrade to provide a safe and enjoyable multi-use pathway for all pedestrian ages and abilities.
- Sustainable design Sustainable design supports healthy, cost effective and functional buildings. View more
- Open space Open space is our network of sport and recreation, trails and paths, and nature spaces. View more
- Flooding and stormwater Floods occur from heavy or sustained rain, and stormwater is the runoff. View more