Five of council’s waste resource and recovery centres have had solar panels installed in 2018-2019.
- Buderim Resource Recovery Centre (30 kilowatt)
- Witta Transfer Station (5 kilowatt)
- Beerwah Transfer Station (10 kilowatt)
- Caloundra Resource Recovery Centre (30 kilowatt)
- Nambour Resource Recovery Centre (30 kilowatt).
In their first seven months electricity use was reduced by 33% with a cost saving of over $14,000.
This brings the total amount of roof top solar on council’s facilities to over 400 kilowatts - ranging from community centres, holiday parks, libraries, and the resource recovery centres.