The Regional Inter-urban break is the 'green space' that separates us from Moreton Bay and Greater Brisbane.
The area includes:
- the Glass House Mountains, National Parks and other conservation areas
- the Pumicestone Passage and parts of Bribie Island
- small townships of Elimbah, Beerburrum and Glass House Mountains.
There is a vast array of outdoor recreation activities in the Inter-urban break. It's one of the best natural playgrounds of our region.
Council is committed to protecting and preserving the Regional Inter-urban Break. A Transformational Action of the strategy identifies a number of tasks council is delivering to continue to protect the area.
- Landscape and character Policy positions for the landscape and character theme. View more
- Landscape and character Landscape and character are the essence of our region that define our identity and culture. View more
- Open space Open space is our network of sport and recreation, trails and paths, and nature spaces. View more