Living Smart aims to empower the community to adopt simple sustainable changes towards sustainable living.
Since its inception over 500,000 people have been engaged through the program.
The program offers:
- campaigns to support targeted behaviour change such as BYOSunshine Coast
- local sustainability stories and blogs
- useful resources and information
- community programs to inspire, connect and build capacity to consider and adopt sustainable living behaviours.
The themes of the program cover the following areas:
- waste reduction and circular economies
- supporting local food systems
- seasonal gardening
- conscious consumerism
- building and design
- energy efficiency and renewable energy
- social/community connection
- health and wellbeing
- play, recreation and family fun
Find out more on the Living Smart website.
You may also be interested in
- Sustainable living Sustainable living is a lifestyle that leaves little impact on the environment. View more
- 19. Changing our ways Transition the Sunshine Coast to a more sustainable, resilient and low carbon way of living. View more
- Our vision for 2041 We'll retain our natural landscape, distinctive character and much loved way of life. View more