The Environment Levy is funded by ratepayers. Levy funds support the delivery of a range of environmental projects and initiatives. These are carried out by both Council and the community. Levy partners include landholders, community groups, schools and research organisations. Together we are working to protect and enhance our natural environment.
The Environment Levy Program includes projects and initiatives to:
- buy protect and enhance environmentally significant land
- build our knowledge through monitoring and research
- deliver on-ground environmental projects
- assist and empower the community to take environmental action
- undertake other activities to support our natural environment.
Learn more about the achievements in the latest Environment Levy Annual Report.
You may also be interested in
- Biodiversity Biodiversity is the variety of all life - plants, animals, fungi and micro-organisms. View more
- Waterways and wetlands Waterways and wetlands are our rivers, canals, lakes and water bodies. View more
- Coastal Coastal areas extend from our coastal plains and lagoons to our sand dunes and rocky shores. View more