The Environment Levy is a key funding source that supports the delivery of the Environment and Liveability Strategy.
The Environment Levy is funded by ratepayers and provides funding for a range of projects, programs and initiatives that preserve and enhance our natural environment. These include:
- buying, protecting and enhancing environmentally significant land
- building our knowledge through monitoring and research
- delivering on-ground environmental projects
- engaging and supporting the community
- other environmental activities.
Each year council develops an Environment Levy annual report to highlight the achievements and provide updates on significant projects. View the latest Environment Levy Annual Report.
- Biodiversity Biodiversity is the variety of all life - plants, animals, fungi and micro-organisms. View more
- Waterways and wetlands Waterways and wetlands are our rivers, canals, lakes and water bodies. View more
- Coastal Coastal areas extend from our coastal plains and lagoons to our sand dunes and rocky shores. View more