Master planning has commenced for the proposed ecological park located adjacent to Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve. The ecological park is intended to provide a place for future regional recreation inspired by the natural environment.
The location of the site provides an opportunity to protect and restore the environmental and cultural values of the region, while the ecological park will create a variety of nature-based outdoor recreation activities, including potential social community spaces, education and research opportunities.
The master planning process will extend throughout 2022 and involve region-wide community engagement responding to the vision for the park as established in the preliminary planning phase of this project.
"A place of cherished nature and ecological wonder for generations to discover and enjoy"
This vision for the park is focusing on six core values:
· An ecologically valuable, resilient and connected landscape
· A place that welcomes people to learn, play and contribute to the future
· A place inspired by nature
· An immersive experience that promotes balance, respite and revival
· A place of expected and spontaneous discovery
· A place that shares the stories of local people and the natural history of the region.
An Excellence Advisory Panel and Community Reference Group has been established to help inform the development of the master plan.
The information sharing and gathering stage (Stage 1) of the project was completed in May 2022.
Find out more about the project and stage 1 engagement outcomes here.
- 14. Expanding the green space Securing and activating spaces for future generations. View more
- Biodiversity Biodiversity is the variety of all life - plants, animals, fungi and micro-organisms. View more
- Open space Open space is our network of sport and recreation, trails and paths, and nature spaces. View more