The Sunshine Coast’s premier performing arts and conference centre, the Events Centre at Caloundra, underwent a $6.85 million redevelopment with final upgrades due to be complete in January 2020.
Supported by $3 million from the federal government, the redevelopment included:
- main entrance and foyer refurbishment
- box office, bar counters and function
- acoustic upgrades
- café upgrade
- air-conditioning and heating
- new toilets for people with a disability
- new kitchen and service systems.
The Events Centre offers premium level service to an average of 300 performance bookings and 300 community/business event bookings each year.
The redevelopment will boost cultural event offerings, conferences and tourism on the Sunshine Coast region.
- Social infrastructure Social infrastructure is our spaces, places and services that support the community. View more
- Population growth The Sunshine Coast is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia. View more
- 15. Great places and spaces A network of contemporary places and spaces for creative, community and active experiences. View more