The new Baringa Community Centre is set to become a vibrant haven for events, meetings, cultural activities and learning.
The community centre was designed and funded by council in partnership with Stockland to provide a central meeting place for the community.
It provides a dedicated space for local people to gather and connect with each other - key to establishing thriving communities.
This centre is the final stage of the Baringa Community Hub Pilot Project, which was created in partnership with the State Government, council and Stockland to promote the shared use of state and local government assets and resources
The Baringa Community Centre is perfectly positioned adjacent to the town square, youth plaza and park and conservation areas, offering the community so much to enjoy and explore from one central location.
Baringa Community Centre Fast Facts
- Baringa Community Centre will create the heart of the community where gatherings, meetings and events can be held
- it includes three multi-purpose rooms, used for a range of purposes include play group, an art space, office areas, meeting rooms, a kitchen as well as a reception area, covered entry and foyer area. It also includes outdoor activity spaces
- the building’s design achieves best practice in environmentally sustainable outcomes, with natural ventilation, solar power and rainwater collection and re-use
- the Baringa Community Centre is the final element of the Baringa Community Hub, a network of contemporary and high-quality facilities for all
- the Baringa Community Hub supports the delivery of council’s Environment and Liveability Strategy, which aims to transform the Sunshine Coast into a network of self-contained, compact neighbourhoods with access to community facilities, open space (sport and recreation) and commercial centres.
- About the strategy The Environment and Liveability Strategy helps us manage change. We're striking a balance between the natural and built environments, and maintaining the liveability of our region. View more
- Social infrastructure Policy positions for the social infrastructure theme. View more
- Population growth The Sunshine Coast is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia. View more