Expanding our open space by securing more than 120 hectares of additional land, proactively planning for the impacts of climate change and being recognised for our sustainable practices are just a few of council’s achievements in the 2019/20 environment and liveability report.
Three annual reports are now available to view:
- The Environment and Liveability Strategy Annual Report
- Environment Levy Program Annual Report
- Organisational Environmental Sustainability Benchmarking Annual Report.
The reports highlight achievements including:
- strategic land acquisitions to expand our green spaces
- planning and delivery of great places and spaces across the region
- delivery of sustainability-focused events and initiatives including the Living Smart Program
- Continued support and partnerships with our community to deliver a healthy environment and liveable Sunshine Coast.
You may also be interested in
- Our vision for 2041 We'll retain our natural landscape, distinctive character and much loved way of life. View more
- Our progress We use targets, indicators and performance measures to track our effectiveness. View more
- Population growth The Sunshine Coast is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia. View more