Our population is growing and so is the demand for affordable living options.
By 2040, we’ll need to accommodate another 90,000 dwellings. We should create more housing choices and limit the impacts of urban sprawl on our natural areas.
To do this, we plan to:
- prepare a benchmark report to allow us to monitor progress
- better understand the challenges to affordable living opportunities
- discuss with the community the need to transition our housing to be more compact
- learn more about the type of housing that people need
- partner with the not for profit sector to attract investment into community housing
- plan for the next 25 years for housing by location and type
- plan for the infrastructure needed to support the increase in population.
Council works in partnership to create housing options for our region. Together we're creating compact neighbourhoods with affordable and sustainable living options.