The beaches, dunes, rocky shores and estuaries are habitat for plants and animals. They also buffer our coastal residents from coastal hazards.
Maintaining a healthy coast is important to support natural values and our lifestyles. We recognise the importance of our community accessing and enjoying our coast.
A strategic and coordinated approach to sustainably manage these areas is needed.
To do this, we plan to:
- manage coastal land to enhance and protect values
- build resilience in this system through shoreline erosion management activities
- develop an integrated plan to take care of this area whilst allowing use
- promote and celebrate the cultural and coastal values
- track the health of this area.