The natural environment provides us with many benefits such as clean air and water. It is important for our health and social well-being and underpins our economic base.
Our distinct landscape and natural areas provide a unique backdrop for nature-based recreation and tourism experiences.
Capturing these values in an economic framework will help grow the region's prosperity.
To do this, we plan to:
- build our knowledge on ecosystem services
- undertake an economic valuation of our natural environment
- identify how we can enhance eco-tourism opportunities
- partner with the community, local university, industry and state government
- promote a diverse range of outdoor recreation experiences.