The natural environment provides us with many benefits such as clean air and water. It is important for our health and social well-being and underpins our economic base.
Our distinct landscape and natural areas provide a unique backdrop for nature-based recreation and tourism experiences.
Capturing these values in an economic framework will help grow the region's prosperity.
To do this, we are:
- building our knowledge on ecosystem services
- undertaking an economic valuation of our natural environment
- identifying how we can enhance eco-tourism opportunities
- partnering with the community, local university, industry and state government
- promoting a diverse range of outdoor recreation experiences.
Monitoring the health of our much-loved catchments2021 Healthy Land and Water Report Card results released