Our neighbourhoods and streets are central to our daily lives providing places to live and linking us to services and activities.
As the Sunshine Coast moves to a more compact urban living environment there will be more and more pressure on neighbourhoods and streets to provide visual relief, places to meet and provide cool green places for living.
To do this, we plan to:
- better understand how to reduce increasing heat from streets and buildings
- implement a proactive street tree program
- prepare guidelines and plans that support increasing living infrastructure
- establish a unique and responsive Sunshine Coast design approach
- develop an Urban Forest Plan for the future
- prepare guidelines to improve urban water management
- ensure everyone has a local park close to home.
The Environment and Liveability Strategy has been recognised for planning excellenceThe Queensland winners of the Planning Institute of Australia’s Awards for Planning Excellence 2020 have been announced with the strategy taking home an award.