All communities need great places and spaces to meet, gather the celebrate.
Public parks, libraries, community, cultural and sports facilities make the Sunshine Coast a great place for residents and visitors.
Having great community spaces where people can gather, feel safe and be part of the community is important. By providing social infrastructure that celebrates the local environment and reflects our past helps to create our identity.
These spaces are important to the liveability of this region.
To do this, we plan to:
- deliver a range of places such as parks, community venues, pools, libraries and indoor sports facilities
- provide public facilities to maintain community health and well-being
- prioritise a plan for new social infrastructure for the growing community
- create partnerships to share and develop innovative spaces
- pilot innovative community facility models.