The Sunshine Coast is well known for its natural beauty and relaxed coastal living. A key element is the green that surrounds our neighbourhoods and towns.
As demand on land for housing, employment and infrastructure continues, we will need to plan for the future. By securing land, we help to protect natural assets, respond to climatic changes and provide spaces for people.
Green spaces to provide the green lungs to a healthy environment and liveable Sunshine Coast.
To do this, we plan to:
- develop five major green spaces in:
- Regional inter-urban break and Pumicestone Passage
- Blue Heart of the Maroochy River
- coastal and foreshore areas
- lower Mooloolah River
- mountain view and hinterland /range
- create the Mary Cairncross Ecological Park Land
- utilise these spaces for sport and recreation to activate and create spaces for people
- continue to secure land for conservation, flood mitigation and recreation purposes.