Our native plants and animals need support to ensure the health of our environment.
Connecting people with nature will help them to value and appreciate biodiversity values. Providing opportunities to contribute to protecting these values will create strong connections.
To do this, we are:
- building our knowledge
- connecting habitat areas to help plants and animals move through the landscape
- managing land to maintain and enhance natural values
- educating the community and provide opportunities to take part
- continuing to deliver recreation trails connecting across the landscape
- ensuring that active transport routes connect to natural areas and open space.
Council takes out first place in sustainability award two years runningCouncil’s Environment and Liveability Strategy has been announced a winner of the Banksia Sustainability Awards.