By understanding our past and the landscapes that we value, we'll create a better future.
We are working towards knowing the region's iconic features and what shapes our character. This helps us ensure future development respects our past and our natural and built environments.
To do this, we plan to:
- collaborate with Traditional Owners
- partner with community
- prepare a landscape and character study
- deliver a Sunshine Coast Design Strategy
- promote lookouts, view lines and vistas
- prepare local character statements
- complete a historic register in our planning scheme.
The Environment and Liveability Strategy has been recognised for planning excellenceThe Queensland winners of the Planning Institute of Australia’s Awards for Planning Excellence 2020 have been announced with the strategy taking home an award.