Our local businesses are critical to our region’s future. Attracting and nurturing research, businesses and industries that support environmental sustainability will help to strengthen our region’s vision and liveability.
We are establishing partnerships with other levels of government, research institutes and the private sector to establish the Sunshine Coast as a region of choice for innovation and development in the cleantech and associated sectors.
To do this, we plan to:
- establish partnerships with business and research organisations
- pilot emerging clean-tech technologies and products
- support access for regional businesses and research partners to external funding
- support low impact construction materials research and collaborative projects
- help establish regional sustainability and circular economy hubs.