Designing buildings that works with our climate and natural environment to create more sustainable, liveable, affordable and resilient spaces.
Our region is undergoing a lot of change as our population grows and their needs change over time. We’re also experiencing a changing climate.
How we plan and design our built environment will have a big impact.
By incorporating principles of sustainability into urban design we can reduce the impacts and create more affordable, responsive and resilient places to live.
To do this, we are:
- working in partnership with industry, government and our community
- seeking opportunities to demonstrate good design suited to our subtropical climate
- increasing awareness of benefits and costs of sustainable design
- exploring ways to encourage sustainable design
- recognising leadership in sustainable and good design.