Designing buildings that works with our climate and natural environment to create more sustainable, liveable, affordable and resilient spaces.
Our region is undergoing a lot of change as our population grows and their needs change over time. We’re also experiencing a changing climate.
How we plan and design our built environment will have a big impact.
By incorporating principles of sustainability into urban design we can reduce the impacts and create more affordable, responsive and resilient places to live.
To do this, we plan to:
- work in partnership with industry, government and our community
- seek opportunities to demonstrate good design suited to our subtropical climate
- increase awareness of benefits and costs of sustainable design
- explore ways to encourage sustainable design
- recognise leadership in sustainable and good design.