12.1 Adaptation enables the whole community to build climate and disaster resilience:
- Risk assessment, risk reduction, adaptation, and disaster management are embedded into decision-making, systems and processes.
- Resilience is enabled through cost effective investment in risk assessment, adaptation, disaster management and the utilisation of innovative technologies and concepts.
- Accurate and current models, mapping and other corporate datasets inform the understanding of the risks associated with climate change.
- Adaptation and disaster risk reduction planning minimises economic, social, environmental and infrastructure impacts.
- Strong and enduring partnerships are established and supported to improve understanding and action on climate adaptation.
- Collective action delivers a resilient Sunshine Coast.